Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year?

2008 went by in a blur. So many things happened that it's hard to keep track. I wrote two books, for one thing. Yes, really. I'm amazed, too.

I'm not going to go into a huge reminiscence about 2008. I'm looking forward to this year. So many possibilities. So many opportunities. A new year in which to get things right.

So what are my hopes for 2009? I hope that you, whoever you are, wherever you are, will find real hope for the future, in the Biblical sense of "steadfast assurance." I hope that you will decide not to let circumstances get in your way or get you down. I hope that you will learn the true meaning of joy, not just happiness. I hope you find your joy in the Lord.

With that said, I wish for you, not an ephemerally "happy" new year, but a blessed one!

No comments: